Six of the confraternities established at various times in the parish’s history, are housed with their respective altars in the basilica.
The oldest is that of the Blessed Sacrament, founded in 1575 during the Mons Pietro Dusina pastoral visitation.
That of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary was founded in the 1590s.
All six have richly gold-embroidered processional standards and four of them have also a processional statue of their titular saint:
- Our Lady of the Holy Rosary – polychromed wood by Giuseppe Azzopardi, 1690s;
- Saint Joseph – polychromed wood, 1826 by Vincenzo Dimech; and
- Our Lady of sorrows and Our Lady interceding for souls in purgatory, two early twentieth century papier-mache statues by Carlo Darmanin.
All the Altars in the basilica are richly decorated – spread over a period from the seventeenth to the early twentieth century, with marble, stone sculpture and paintings mainly by local Ġużeppi Briffa and Italian Filippo Venuti.