- 1798 – 1800 | Invasion by Napoleon’s French forces and the subsequent blockade of the French garrison in the Grand Harbour cities. Graffiti on the East side church terraces indicate that the church was used for watch purposes and contact with the operational quarters in the Għargħar area, of Vincenzo Borg known as Brared, the Birkirkara leader in this war effort. The church bells were also used to sound alarms.
- 1808 | The Eastern belfry is completed and in the following year, Vincenzo Borg orders two new bells from founder Joachim Trigance for this belfry. A third bell is acquired for the West belfry.
- 1837 | Sculptor Salvatore Psaila completes the processional statue of Saint Helen commissioned by Vincenzo Borg.
- 1858 – 1866 | The last parts of the church are completed. The new and the middle sacristies, the treasure chapel, the Chapter Hall and adjoining spaces, the large buttressing arches on the outside and the surrounding parapet.
- 1867 | A new parish from the Birkirkara limits is declared: L-Imsida – Others follow suit in the North-east territory which was fast being developed during this and in the next century.